Check out what other experts are saying about Infant Massage and the Benefits:
"You know what happens: The minute you put your baby down, she cries. Pick her up and, presto -- she's serene and smiley again. If just holding your baby can be so soothing, imagine how she'll benefit from a full-body massage." (read more)
"Research suggests that infant massage can have various health benefits. For example, infant massage might:
- Encourage interaction between you and your baby
- Help your baby relax and sleep
- Positively affect infant hormones that control stress
- Reduce crying" (read more)
"One study found that massage in the early days could help newborns to recover from jaundice more quickly." (read more)
"You can start these gentle massages the day you bring your baby home. Or you can encourage your partner to try his hand at infant massage — a good opportunity for dad-and-baby bonding." (read more)
"Benefits of Infant Massage for Parents
- Caregivers report feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to care for baby.
- Parents learn to understand and respond to baby’s cues.
- Parents learn techniques to comfort, calm and soothe their babies." (read more)